[c-nsp] service-policy on virtual interface

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 08:54:33 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Randy McAnally wrote:
> > Thank Tony.  I knew I was going to have to dig
> into QoS further and you helped
> > me a lot.  My line cards are all 6724 units at
> the current time.
> >
> > I have a spare 3750 laying around, assuming it has
> similar QoS features I'll
>
> Very much not, IIRC.

Yes, worlds apart. By all means have a go on your 3750 it can't hurt you any, but it won't be a direct translation from anything you get working on 3750 to 6500.

I'd recommend you have a look at Chapter 2 of the Cisco "Enterprise QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide" (particularly the section on 6500 QoS, starts at 2-77):
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/solution/esm/qossrnd.pdf

Also have a read of the QoS section of 12.2SXH Software Configu Guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/qos.html

Both are very dry, but have a lot of information in them as well as some relevant examples.

Read, try and then ask more questions on the list if you get stuck !

regards,
Tony.