[c-nsp] PBR, order of operations for "set" directives ?

luismi asturluismi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 13:34:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We have an small issue here and we have over the table some workarounds
and one them is related with the order of operations of the "set"
directives under a route-map used for policy routing.

In fact we would like to apply a code like this:

route-map selectvrf permit 10
 match ip address foo
 set ip next-hop verify-availability 10.53.0.37 1 track 10
 set vrf vrf_backup4foo

We know that we could use "set ip next-hop verify-availability" and then
"set ip next-hop" but we can't do that because under vrf vrf_backup4foo
there is another 10.53.0.37.
And we have some redistribution between VRFs and BGP... So it is not
possible.

So, the question is...
Is there anyone here with information about the order of operations of
the "set" directives under a route-map used for policy routing?

Regards.