[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Thu Sep 17 02:38:22 EDT 2009

Rodney Dunn wrote:

> Please check the email thread a week or so back where I gave the direct
> contacts for feedback.
>
> They are open and want to hear helpful constructive feedback.
>
> Rodney

Helpful & constructive feedback ?!

I lost quite some time yesterday just to find out, that this "enhanced"
download is totally broken on Unix OS and despite all the navigation
through the directories it always creates filenames in my home directory
containing backslashes in them. I.e. instead of saving the file to
directory tmp, it creates a filename "tmp\ios...." in my home directory.

And, during the download it kept displaying that my download speed is
56 kb/s while the real speed was orders of magnitude higher.

Is there no longer any quality control in Cisco ? How such crap, which is
apparently unable to do basic things properly, could ever enter production
state and affect downloads for all users of Cisco equipment ?!

And yes, I'm also *seriously* worried about requirement for java support
just to download files - moreover with unrestricted access to the filesystem.

   With kind regards,

     M.