[c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Sep 18 07:06:27 EDT 2009

Clicking through multiple authentication windows to get where you need on Cisco's site:  12 seconds
Using Software Advisor to find the right IOS:  8 minutes
Downloading IOS to a remote machine, then transferring the image to your real T/FTP/SCP server:  15 minutes
Loading the image on your router just to find out that Software Advisor is junk and your specific WIC/NM/PA/WS version isn't recognized by said image, thereby forcing you to invent a way to strangle Cisco web tool designers through standard TCP/IP:  Priceless.

-evt