[c-nsp] fake-workaround ... Re: "Enhanced" download procedure

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Sep 18 15:14:53 EDT 2009

So when you get to the following page where it says "If your download
does not start "click here", you can "view source" with your web
browser, and look for the following important components:

eg:

fileName":"s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXI2a.bin"
filePath":"/swc/esd/03/crypto/3DES/281569550/contract"
ftpServerName":"download-sj.cisco.com"

If you go ahead and combine these into:

http://download-sj.cisco.com/swc/esd/03/crypto/3DES/281569550/contract/s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SXI2a.bin
  you can use LYNX (if it has SSL support) still to do the siteminder
cookie fu and fetch your image.

Why they won't just expose these links directly is foolish and a
problem.

I do suggest we have a "download-day" where everyone opens a tac case
at the same time to get the direct link to images.

- Jared