[c-nsp] So when is IPv6 failover coming to the ASA?

Abello, Vinny Vincent.Abello at ps.net
Mon Sep 28 12:06:26 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Anyone have information on when Cisco will actually have support for IPv6 on
the Cisco ASA when in a failover configuration? It is getting a little
ridiculous that there is no security device from Cisco that supports IPv6 in
a redundant configuration, even in 8.2(1). Please someone correct me if I'm
wrong. I'd love to be wrong so I can actually start using IPv6 since I went
through the trouble of building out my core for it quite some time ago. J
Seems everyone just goes to a different vendor because of lack of support.

Thanks!

Vinny Abello

Implementation Technical Lead

 <mailto:vincent.abello at ps.net> vincent.abello at ps.net

973-940-6125

Tellurian Networks | a perotsystemsR company

 <http://www.tellurian.com/> http://www.tellurian.com      888-TELLURIAN
973-300-9211

For all time sensitive issues, please email your request to
<mailto:support at tellurian.com> support at tellurian.com.

 If your request is urgent, please call our NOC at 973-940-6200.