[c-nsp] Cisco out of stock

Joel Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Thu Apr 8 11:00:49 EDT 2010

>Word I keep running across is that Cisco is basically out of everything
>that matters:

I have heard the same thing, but only in regard to ASA hardware.  A Cisco competitor sent me an email last week saying that they had won a big deal in part because Cisco screwed the pooch by being unable to provide gear in a timely manner.  Another, different, firewall competitor sent me a note three days ago wondering why no one in the tech press was covering the ASA shortage.  Finally, a customer told me last night that they were trying to buy an ASA but the seller (used) raised the price by 25% because of a shortage of used Cisco firewalls.

Maybe that stack of 2501s in my garage is worth something again :-)

jms
---
Joel M Snyder          Opus One
jms at Opus1.COM    +1 (520) 324-0494