[c-nsp] WS-X6748-GE-TX auto negotiation anomalies

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Fri Apr 9 09:42:35 EDT 2010

This feature was the subject of much debate on my team, as we desired
to put in triple-speed blades but only allow 10/100 autoneg from end
stations.
We didn't end up doing it in prod, but we did get confirmation it was
possible, and the syntax required.
I currently don't have a working lab to verify, but the CLI parser at
least accepts my syntax:

config t
interface Gig 1/1
 speed auto 10

Should achieve "Case A" on the 6748.  Usual caveats apply (depends on
code you're running, may not work at all due to bugs or hardware
limitations, etc etc etc).

-Geoff