[c-nsp] 7200 will not ship in 15.xT releases...

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Apr 9 11:49:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> Actually nobody had to fight for it. The BU recognized the important
> space it fits and wants the transition to ASR's (as feature parity is
> delivered) to be as smooth as possible. The only thing I suggested was
> the product bulletin to serve as a proactive notice to the field which
> they gladly agreed to.

This is interesting. I've complained for a long time that the "mid range"
(100 meg to 1 gig) was quite lacking, and the 7200 was the only device for
that range of traffic. Now this is long term going away as well? What
device will fill up the "swiss army knife" mid range space that the 7200
has occupied so far? Especially for legacy type interfaces...

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se