[c-nsp] Strange ME3400 PPS Limit

Everton da Silva Marques everton at lab.ipaccess.diveo.net.br
Wed Apr 14 13:41:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:40:46PM -0400, Jeremy Parr wrote:
> On 14 April 2010 11:57, Jeremy Parr <jeremyparr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have an ME3400 running 12.2(46)SE that will not pass (much) more
> > than 1000pps through its copper gig port. The interface counters hover
> > around 1000pps tx/rx, while the bps rate fluctuates (presumable due to
> > the variable packet sizes getting thrown at it). There are no service
> > policys or rate limits applied to any of the interfaces. Any thoughts?
> >
> > ?5 minute input rate 1681000 bits/sec, 879 packets/sec
> > ?5 minute output rate 7545000 bits/sec, 1012 packets/sec
>
> I am also seeing the following in the logs....
>
> %PLATFORM_UCAST-6-PREFIX:  One or more, more specific prefixes could
> not be programmed into TCAM and are being covered by a less specific
> prefix

I hit that warning as well, IOS is 12.2(53)SE,
and the routing table is not huge. If you ever
find a clue, let me know...

ME3400#sh ip route summary
IP routing table name is Default-IP-Routing-Table(0)
IP routing table maximum-paths is 32
Route Source    Networks    Subnets     Overhead    Memory (bytes)
connected       1           3           256         608
static          0           2           192         304
internal        3                                   3516
Total           4           5           448         4428
ME3400#

ME3400#sh ip cef summary
IPv4 CEF is enabled for distributed and running
VRF Default:
 30 prefixes (30/0 fwd/non-fwd)
 Table id 0
 Database epoch:        2 (30 entries at this epoch)

ME3400#

Cheers,
Everton