[c-nsp] ME-C3750E ES ports vs. regular ports

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Apr 22 15:05:53 EDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the 3750 Metro switches.  I'm a little confused about the datasheet and I'm hoping someone can clarify a couple of things for me.

The datasheet says the switch supports MPLS voodoo on the ES ports, but what about the other ports?  Are the ES ports similar to the ports on an 6500/7600 ES+ linecard which do things like local VLAN significance while the copper ports are similar to a 6500/7600 6748 linecard which can still terminate an xconnect?  Can an SVI terminate an xconnect on these boxes?