[c-nsp] Experience on MPLS-TP (MPLS Transport profile)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Apr 25 07:09:32 EDT 2010

On Sunday 25 April 2010 07:04:45 pm Farhan Jaffer wrote:

> Thanks Mark for the update.
>
> Let's see how next generation of Transport Networks look
>  like!

It's very different from regular MPLS, with a number of
features taken out to simplify things the way (I think)
telco's would prefer them.

Personally, I wouldn't run it, as it's probably easier to
add OAM capabilities into existing MPLS (but that's likely
because I'm already happy with IP/MPLS). However, it would
very appealing to telco's who are hesitant to run packetized
networks with the exception of Ethernet.

Nonetheless, yes, I'd like to see what it looks like in the
end (MPLS-TP).

Cheers,

Mark.