[c-nsp] nexus 5xx vpc peer keepalives

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Fri Apr 30 21:25:30 EDT 2010

Scott,

I have mine configured on the management VRF and haven't run into any issues, I believe that is the recommended configuration.  Check out the design guides as well, if you're aren't using mgmt0, Cisco suggests using an SVI and a separate port.  Are you using a vPC to handle the peer-keepalive traffic?  I would imagine that's where the issue is stemming from if you are.

This is the document I was looking for on the original thread, but applies to your scenario as well.  I thought I had remembered it saying that back to back is okay for testing, but should not be used for production.  Look for vPC config best practices:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572829-01_Design_N5K_N2K_vPC_DG.pdf

HTH,

-ryan