[c-nsp] process-max-time on a 6500 w/ SUP-720-3BXL

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Tue Aug 3 13:47:43 EDT 2010

I am not sure what the priority of BGP versus SNMP is, plus there is more than one process involved for the whole task to be done. If SNMP is "eligible" to take the CPU from BGP and the scheduler is not getting around to it quick enough then process-max-time could help. If SNMP is not eligible then it will not help.

process-max-time really just changes how often the scheduler gets to run to make whatever decision is was going to make.

-Ben