[c-nsp] incoming queue

P.A razor at meganet.net
Wed Aug 18 12:07:01 EDT 2010

hi, i read on cisco's site that the default cos mapping for this receive
queue is cos 5 mapped to priority queue 2, but when i do a show queuing im
not seeing that mapping on the receive queue. when I try to map cos 5 to
receive queue 2, I only have an option for queue id 1. On the outgoing queue
all is fine but for the incoming queue I don’t have what cisco says should
be the default, cos 5 mapped to input queue 2.anyone know what the issue is?
I also read somewhere that the incoming default queue mappings are enabled
on a trunk interface only.

interface FastEthernet1/15

 load-interval 30
 mls qos trust dscp
 hold-queue 100 in

Queueing Mode In Rx direction: mode-cos
Receive queues [type = 1p1q0t]:
Queue Id    Scheduling  Num of thresholds
    1         Standard            0
    2         Priority            1

queue-limit ratios:    100[queue 1]   0[queue 2]

queue thresh cos-map