[c-nsp] full duplex mismatch speed - dynamips

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 17:40:59 EDT 2010

Hello,

Actually it looks like a dynamips/IOS bug in the emulation of
GT96100-FE - see http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=4484 or
alternatively this one
http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

On the other side Gert is correct this is more a cosmetic issue, as
there is no "signalling emulation" in dynamips, the L1 frames are
simply moved between the router instances through UDP tunnels and fed
directly to the interface driver of the destination driver on L1.

Therefore - having duplex or even speed mismatch is totally irrelevant
on dynamips as these issues only affect signalling...Also (as a
corollary) there is no auto-speed negotiation when connecting 10Mb/s
card to a 100Mb/s card....

-pavel