[c-nsp] annoying SYS-6-EXIT_CONFIG messages

Dominik Bay d.bay at rrbone-bb.net
Fri Aug 27 02:53:38 EDT 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:44:37 +0300
Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz at forthnet.gr> wrote:

> Łukasz Bromirski wrote on 27/08/2010 01:13:
> > On 2010-08-26 22:37, Jared Mauch wrote:
> >
> >> It's more about the culture at Cisco of "we can introduce
> > > undocumented changes at our own whim and not give you knobs
> > > to disable them".
> >
> > This feature was introduced as a feature request from a number of
> > accounts, it is documented in syslog messages reference guide.
> > With such widespread number of different customers, it's hard to
> > choose only features that are OK for 100% of them.
> >
> Who would want to know that a user exited a tty session through a
> syslog message and why?

Because TACACS+ Accounting is not enough or you don't want to check
'who' every five minutes or you want a way to correlate your TACACS+
Accounting with syslog ...

I can see some reasons here, and I think it's an ok-ish feature.
But for sure the knob to deactivate it is missing, and it should be
deactivated by default when it's not noted in release notes.

Kind regards,
Dominik