[c-nsp] Cat6500 modular IOS - direction?

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Fri Aug 27 14:03:45 EDT 2010

Patching and install are deprecated as of SXI3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/12_2sxi/12_2_33_sxi3_newfeatlist.html

As for a formal announcement about the future of ION; as far as I know Cisco has not made any. However, someone closer to the horse's mouth may be willing to comment in more detail.

-Ben