[c-nsp] Handling the inbound ACL's with dynamic pd ipv6 prefix from the ISP

George Manousakis george at mang.gr
Thu Dec 9 15:08:25 EST 2010

The problem is that the pd assigned from the ISP is not static!
So how can you set ACL rules with a dynamic prefix?

The assignment you say may be used but still you cannot define the
www-server
subnet on the ACL because you cannot know what the subnet will be!

> Don't fall in the trap thinking of IPv6 as "IPv4 + longer addresses"!
>
> > IS there a way to allow some services to internal hosts without
> exposing
> > everything to internet?
>
> Yes, use ULA's (RFC4193).

I actually meant how to set the ACL in order to allow access to only one
host and not the whole range. Why would you use ULA's?