[c-nsp] 4G 4rd party flash drive for XR-12k

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Dec 10 01:51:02 EST 2010

Hello.

Flash drives for XR on Cisco 12000 are quite expensive if bought from
Cisco. XR writes a lot to the drive so thus there are other requirements
than for running IOS which basically never writes to the drive at all.

What do people do out there? I found some industrial grade flash such as
<http://www.memorydepot.com/ssd/listcat.asp?catid=icf8000> which has 2M
program/erase cycles, which seems a lot and I would hope be sufficient.

Any other hints in this area? I'd like them to survive several years in
normal operation...

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se