[c-nsp] XMODEM transfer over telnet/ssh, any chance?

Tomas Daniska Tomas.Daniska at soitron.com
Wed Dec 15 15:20:47 EST 2010

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COM_port_redirector
>
> If I had a Linux box next to every device I would have no problems. What
> I would like was to use the (C2800 based) terminal servers we already
> have/plan to have in place in every PoP. Having the XMODEM capability
> would be nice, but not at all required.

I meant, there are pieces of software similar to Dialout/EZ for *NIX, that is - you have the remote router (1841 was it?) with aux connected to the console of the failed box at the remote location, and you setup a virtual ttySx on your PC, so you can use your favorite terminal app for XMODEM :)

but then - another reply has revealed that XMODEM won't work for you with sup720...

--

deejay