[c-nsp] DHCPv6 and Windows

Kris Amy kris at amy.id.au
Tue Feb 2 08:06:40 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting DHCPv6 and Windows (specifically 7) to interop
for the correct default gateway.

It is picking up the address OK but the default gateway is staying as
Link-Local IP.

So far I've tried all combinations of enabling/disabling

 ipv6 nd managed-config-flag
 ipv6 nd other-config-flag

on the relevant LAN interface and various combinations of

netsh int ipv6 set int <ifIndex> managedaddress=disabled advertise=disabled
routerdiscovery=dhcp

Hoping someone has the magic combination to get it to work.

OS X worked first time without any changes.

I believe if the M and O flags are set then the client should go into
stateful mode and request the default gateway from the advertising router.

Cheers,
Kris