[c-nsp] Best practice - Core vs Access Router

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:05:49 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Andy B. <globichen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Excuse me for being ignorant, but what are glean punts? Should I dig
> out my routing for dummies book :-/

Traffic for which there is no forwarding entry. For example, an ip
that has no arp entry for the directly connected interface. Router
then needs to arp to associate mac-ip. This is triggered by a glean
adjacency covering the directly connected network.

("glean" didn't mean much to me until we inadvertently interrupted
this normal process with a slightly too restrictive CoPP. Those kind
of lessons tend to stick with you...)

--
Tim:>
Sent from New York, NY, United States