[c-nsp] netiquette

nick hatch nicholas.hatch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:51:34 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se>wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Marco Regini wrote:
>
>  Thanks.
>>
>> So if I post a question to cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net and tom at gmail.com
>> answer to me directly, I can't replay to the mailing list but only to tom?
>>
>> Even if the message is only about technical stuff?
>>

> That is correct. Unless you KNOW for sure that Tom is ok with you posting
> his reply to the list, you shouldn't do it.
>
> A good example of this is someone going out on a limb to provide
information that isn't under NDA, but that their PR department might not
want to see on a public list.

I've asked questions before ("Anyone know why $FOO_COMPANY is doing this?")
and received subtle but helpful answers that make the reply button seem like
a dangerous weapon if used incorrectly.

... there tends to be a lot of trust in these parts.

-Nick