[c-nsp] PVLAN and trunks (for redundancy and more bandwidth), any idea?

Matt Buford matt at overloaded.net
Tue Feb 23 13:27:32 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Sven 'Darkman' Michels <sven at darkman.de>wrote:

> sorry for comming back to this topic and "old" email, but this one seems to
> be
> the problem. When i disable ip very unicast, the problem vanishes away :(

Have you confirmed that the problem happens to packets going through the
switch?  What you pasted before was pings originating from the switch.  In
general, I wouldn't assume that the behavior of pings to/from the switch are
the same as packets through the switch.  They take a very different path
through the switch.

For example, put one host on a non-pvlan SVI, and then put another host on
your pvlan SVI.  Do you get the same packetloss problem?