[c-nsp] Dynamic IP VPN clients on a dual-ISP ASA 5505

Jan Gregor jan.gregor at chronix.org
Fri Feb 26 06:18:59 EST 2010

Hi,

from what they tell you, I suspect that they sugest that you should
statically route ip adresses of one group of clients (that's the reason
why static ip adresses - you need to define them).
The feature you are looking for should be acompished with policy based
routing, but this is not supported by ASA device, we do it with IOS
based router. Also you will probably do need traffic clasification to be
used later inside PBR, this can't be done by asa either :) .
So to conclude, it is doable, but you need one device between ASA and
the internet to do the PBR and one device between ASA and the HQ LAN to
do the markings (or maybe you have such device there). If this solution
is better than buiyng static ip adresses is entirely up to you :).

Best regards,

Jan