[c-nsp] DS3 over STM1

Ian Henderson ianh at ianh.net.au
Sun Feb 28 01:18:10 EST 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Ian Henderson wrote:

> The new carrier has provisioned a 45Mbit clear channel service with a
> DS3 at the remote site, and a channelised STM1 at the head office. I
> can't seem to find a combination of router/card/mux to make this work.

For the archives, we got this working using an Adtran Opti-6100 for about
$5k AUD. It uses an E3M3B card to connect to the head office PA-2T3+, with
an OMM3VIR card to connect to the carrier's STM1. Mapping the VC3 to the
physical DS3 interface is simply a matter of selecting the inbound circuit
on the left side of the screen, and the outbound circuit on the right side
of the screen.

Rgds,

- I.