[c-nsp] customizing snmp-traps (interface description as well as physical name)

Walter Keen walter.keen at RainierConnect.net
Thu Jan 7 19:43:28 EST 2010

Is customizing snmp-traps possible through rmon or some other means so
that the delivered message not only has the physical name (gi0/1, etc)
but also the description of that port as named in the interface config?
Dealing mostly with 2960's and 7600's, and trying to figure out if this
is possible.
Even if I have to specify an rmon entry per physical interface, I'm
dealing with small enough numbers that would work.
Something like '<int-name> <int-descr> is <down/up>' or similar would be
ideal.

Going to want to have this for link up/down initially, and then also
setup some traps for taking on interface errors, etc.

--

Walter Keen
Network Technician