[c-nsp] smaller PI

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 1 02:45:31 EDT 2010

On Thursday 01 July 2010 01:52:45 pm Clement Cavadore wrote:

> "someone who has no $transit".
>
> If you don't get any full feed from someone else, then,
>  you could not setup a default route to any other
>  network.

What I was trying to say is that not all large transit
providers are so-called "Tier-1's", as was asserted.

To say that all networks in the world that are not
"upstream-free" should just point 0/0 | ::/0 to some Tier-1
is unreasonable.

Many markets claim to be Tier-1 in their areas of operation,
but they buy enough transit to fill up a hole. In their
eyes, they are not "non-Tier-1's", and what's worse, they
probably don't connect to so-called "Tier-1's", directly.

Mark <= who isn't a fan of the "Tier-X" classifications.