[c-nsp] per user filtering on pix 506E

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 21:00:37 EDT 2010

Hi Dalton,

Using RADIUS to assign either group policy or a direct ACL is supported on newer versions of the ASA software (ie. 7.x & 8.x). I don't think you can upgrade a 506E beyond 6.x though. You could always try these options and see if they work on 506E & 6.3.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080a9eddc.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00808cf897.shtml

The configuration examples section for PIX/ASA has lots of good examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

regards,
Tony.