[c-nsp] 7304 NSE-150 Interface issue

dbenson at swingpad.com dbenson at swingpad.com
Wed Jul 21 13:56:05 EDT 2010

All,

I have a 7304 with Redundant NSE-150s in slots 0 and 2.  The documentation
states that Slot0 SFPs should be G0-3 while slot2's SFPs should be G2/0-3.
 I am not able to see, configure or even status the ports on the NSE in
Slot2.

Can someone shed some light on this confusing design of a box?  Please
chassis info below.

Thanks

//db

sho c7300
Slot      Card Type           Status          Insertion time
----      ---------           ------          --------------
0,1       NSE150 (Active)     Up              02:51:16 ago
2,3       NSE150 (Standby)    Up              02:51:16 ago
4         1PA Carrier Card    Active          02:51:16 ago

FPGA information:
                         Hardware            FPGA version
Slot Card Type           Version     Bundled    Flash    Current
---- ---------           --------    -------   -------   -------
 0   NSE150               01.00       00.08     00.08     00.08
 4   1PA Carrier Card     02.01       01.40     01.40     01.40

* - Card needs an FPGA update
# - Card needs to be reloaded for the new FPGA to take effect

Port Adapter Information
Slot      PA Type             Status          Insertion time
----      ---------           ------          --------------
4         PA-T3+              Active          02:51:16 ago

System is compliant with hardware configuration guidelines.

Network IO Interrupt Throttling:
 throttle count=0, timer count=0
 active=0, configured=1
 netint usec=4000, netint mask usec=200