[c-nsp] pop site battery backup recommendations

Ryan Goldberg RGoldberg at compudyne.net
Thu Jul 22 13:42:29 EDT 2010

For our wireless pops and closets in downtown buildings where we have fiber and active gear, we have exclusively use Tripp-Lite's Smart-Online series, such as http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3194

And put an IP card in em (for another $200).

Line interactive UPSes are garbage.

Note that the Tripplites in the default config will turn off line power after some period on batteries.  Make sure to change that...

We're also evaluating the Liebert GXT3 line..

Ryan