[c-nsp] IPv4 Multicast

Rens rens at autempspourmoi.be
Tue Jun 1 02:18:47 EDT 2010

I did some tests in the lab with IGMP snooping & PIM Sparse-mode with Static
RP. That all went fine.

Now I started to configure this on some other routers with also some other
configurations that were already on it and when I configured a subinterface
with the: ip pim sparse-mode

 (config)#int GigabitEthernet 3/0.310
 (config-subif)#ip pim sparse-mode
May 31 15:48:40.218 CET: %PIM-5-DRCHG: DR change from neighbor 0.0.0.0 to
10.11.130.1 on interface GigabitEthernet3/0.310

At that point all my L2TPv3 tunnels on the other subinterfaces on Gi3
stopped working.
When I removed the command ip pim sparse-mode, L2TPv3 came back up again.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Regards,

Rens