[c-nsp] LDP

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Jun 8 15:28:20 EDT 2010

> Curious which LDP label allocation method is used and why,
specifically
> per platform or per interface? It would appear that per interface
provides
> a more robust method allowing for multiple labels to be assigned for
the
> same prefix via bindings to different interfaces? Are there any
additional LDP best
> practices anyone could point me to?

All Cisco kit uses gobal label space, except in cell-mode MPLS (ATM)
where per-interface label space is a prerequisite.
Using a global label space makes life easier, for example for MPLS-TE
and also for the new LFA-FRR feature where we don't have to worry about
which interface a packet ingresses a router.

	oli