[c-nsp] Shared vs Independent VLAN learning with Q-in-Q

Tarko Tikan tarko at lanparty.ee
Wed Jun 16 16:06:17 EDT 2010

hey,

> All Catalyst switches have per-VLAN FIBs, if that's what you're asking.
> Aren't all switches like that these days?

With QinQ you need to look at inner vlan aswell. I don't think any cisco switch can do it.

And yes, it's actually a problem, consider 2 different inner vlans with vrrp routers on two sites connected by QinQ. You'll get constant vrrp mac flapping between endpoints. If it's only 2 endpoints you could always turn off mac learning completely.

--
tarko