[c-nsp] mpls ip -> lost packets

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 12:16:54 EDT 2010

On 22/06/10 15:44, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> The only problems I could think of regarding label allocation would
> affect all traffic, not just drop things randomly.

If the label allocation has failed or been mis-programmed for some
reason (e.g. you're running SXI ;o) then it could be punting to CPU, and
various CPU rate limiters, CoPP or just plain insufficient CPU could
cause sporadic drops.

We've seen things like this.

Having said that, I don't full understand the OPs setup or aims, but I
can certainly see ways that label allocation can cause odd drops.