[c-nsp] Speed problem and router seems to sluggish

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Jun 26 15:17:33 EDT 2010

On 2010-06-25 23:34, Rudy Setiawan wrote:

> We implemented 2 new routers with the following devices/modules:

> core2::
>    2    4  CEF720 4 port 10-Gigabit Ethernet      WS-X6704-10GE
>    5    2  Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)         WS-SUP720-3B

> border2#sh mod
>    2    4  CEF720 4 port 10-Gigabit Ethernet      WS-X6704-10GE
>    5    2  Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)         WS-SUP720-3BXL

> This customer is having an issue where it can not pull more than 150Mbps
> inbound. But from our existing network (2Gbps uplinks), he can pull 1.2 Gbps
> of inbound no problem.

What is the traffic load over the 6704 interfaces? Have you
crossed by any means the TCAM capacity of the PFC3B of the
Core2? Can you share 'sh platform hardware capacity forwarding'?

With the new (SXH onwards) code, the TCAM after experiencing exception
when the FIB doesn't fit TCAMs on the PFC anymore, will program the
mls rate-limiter to forward only at the level of 10kpps for traffic
punted via RP, and the TCAM exception can be cleared only by reloading
the box. I.e. when you did in past overflow the TCAMs, I'd look into
it closely.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net