[c-nsp] MST & Reserved VLANs on Nexus 5010

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Sun Jun 27 13:31:36 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:55:19PM -0400, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> The good news is that they should be convinced fairly easily - tell
> them to look at IOS, it correctly permits any dot1Q ID to be mapped.
> I had to argue with HP for three years before they removed the
> requirement that the VLAN exist.  They had lost our business by then.

Dell is the same way.  In lab tests on their Powerconnect switches, attempting to
map uncreated vLANs to an MST instance creates them.  This was bad when
attempting to map all vlans to MST01, switch went nuts and had to be
power-cycled.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)