[c-nsp] monitoring using Nagios

Serranos serrano.miser at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 09:03:58 EDT 2010

You can also try to use Centreon as a frontend, which is under a GPL
license:

http://www.centreon.com/Centreon/product-overview.html

"Centreon is a network, system, applicative supervision and monitoring tool,
it is based upon the most effective Open Source monitoring engine : Nagios.
Centreon can be used as a Nagios GUI which gather a lots of new features."

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> hi,
>
> > > Can any one help me on what procedures do i have to follow to enable
> and configure snmp on the client hosts and the nagios server. and if posible
> a documentation on how i can define services and commands using the snmp
> plugin.
> >
> > You might try the Nagios lists, located here:
> >
> > http://wiki.nagios.org/index.php/Mail_Lists
>
> ...and if you like NAGIOS but dont have the skills to configure it, then
> there are many
> commercial/alternatives that use NAGIOS but provide webby front ends etc eg
> opsview,
> nagios XI, zenoss etc
>
> alan

Serranos