[c-nsp] 7206vxr w/g1 question.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Fri Mar 5 12:48:54 EST 2010

Have the above router, gige to our upstream is policed on their side
to 450 Mbits about three OC3.

I have a ticket open with Cisco but so far they have been less than
helpful on this. On the gige interface to our upstream we are seeing
overruns and output drops.

Last clearing of "show interface" counters 1d19h
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 71670
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
     1085451901 packets input, 3957647624 bytes, 0 no buffer

Upstream provider has checked the physical port and the SVI where our
connection is mapped to their peering router and they see no discards or
errors anywhere in the link.

The port on the router is an LX GBIC in slot 4/0.

We have 3 other Gige interfaces pushing traffic and there is a few output
drops and overruns on the other interfaces but they don't increment
actively.

Bandwidth points on each bus is 400. CPU usage is between 40 and 55%
depending on time of day.

I don't know where to look and what could be causing overrun and drops.
Bad GBIC? Bad fiber patch? Or is it time to get a beefier router?

Thanks for any info.
Keith