[c-nsp] 7206vxr w/g1 question.

Keith kwoody at citytel.net
Mon Mar 8 12:42:14 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Marcus.Gerdon wrote:

|->Hi Keith,
|->
|->as you're running a 7206VXR with NPE-G1 I assume the 3 other GigE you mention are the onboard ones. Also 4/0 has to be a PA-GE if there's no newer PA available I've missed.
|->
|->As far as I remember a 7200VXR is 600 bandwidth points per bus, not 400.
|->
|->But I think there's been something about an PA-GE delivering max. ~200mbit/s which you are quite close at. I suppose that's the bottleneck you're experiencing.
|->
|->If one of the onboard GigE has sufficiently low traffic try swapping 4/0 with 0/x for a test.

Yep. The PA-GE is maxed out. I have been wondering about it for about a
month or two now and have spent the last week really going over the specs
and real world stuff about the PA-GE. We acutally max out the PA to about
250Mbit/sec.

I asked one of the NOC guys at our upstream on Friday and he said to get
the GBIC off the PA and onto the NPE.

We do have an unused slot on the NPE so I'm planning some downtime to move
the GBIC.

It will buy us some time until we get a beefier router in there.

Thanks.
Keith