[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Mar 9 17:12:17 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 21:26 +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> On cisco.com, I found configuration options for 12.0S on GSRs to
> enable/disable forwarding of VTP, STP, CDP individually
> ("l2protocol stp ..."), but that's not available on SXI2.

There seems to be a "l2protocol-tunnel <proto>" interface config
command, but it's only for switchports.

As I have understood the way the PFC does EoMPLS port-mode, it simply
forwards any incoming frame without discrimination. It should (AFAIK)
not discern between data, CDP, UDLD, STP or whatever.

It sure does sound like a bug, an SXI2 specific bug. We currently don't
have any available switches to test anything on, though I would've like
to see if I could reproduce.

--
Peter