[c-nsp] Experience Interconnecting Cisco and Ciena or Cisco and Ceterus Switches

Leah Lynch (Contractor) leah.lynch at clearwire.com
Fri Mar 12 18:18:37 EST 2010

I am working on a project to connect a Cisco 6500 switch between
switches of two other manufacturers - Ciena 5300 and Ceterus 8212
devices. Has anyone out there run into any issues connecting to these
devices using 802.1q? The Cisco switches will just be bridging tagged
traffic from one device to the other. The only issue I can think of is
Cisco's use of the native VLAN. However, I have seen Cisco switches
connect to other switches that do not have the concept of a native VLAN,
and there were no issues in those cases.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Leah Lynch