[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Ben Basler (bbasler) bbasler at cisco.com
Mon Mar 15 12:10:13 EDT 2010

Gert,

As you might know - Cat6500 is an ingress forwarding model - so the
forwarding engine on the ingress linecard does the work. If there is no
local FWD engine, the PFC on the sup does the work. In case of 67xx
modules a CFC relays the header to the PFC.

Having said that, there are some subtle differences how L2 PDUs (read:
LACP, STP, VTP, CDP, 802.1x, etc.) are handled by the 3B/3BXL and
3C/3CXL.

All in all - best case here to contact TAC and point them to the bug id
I mentioned - they should be able to verify if you are indeed hitting
this or something else.

Cheers,
Ben

You