[c-nsp] Server Load balancer in high availability configuration

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Sun Mar 21 02:28:58 EDT 2010

On Mar 21, 2010, at 1:11 PM, shadow floating wrote:

> I'm looking for help to design and configure this scenario.

Take the servers out from behind the firewalls, they do no good and will make it far easier to DDoS your servers.

Harden the server OS/apps/services.

Use something like mod_backhand or LVM; or if you want to go the commercial route, avoid Cisco CSS like the plague, it's junk (and I think it's EoS/EoL, anyways).  Cisco's current SLB blade/appliance is called ACE, though F5 or other hardware vendors can scale better for Interent-facing apps, IMHO.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken