[c-nsp] vrf-aware ipv6 multicast

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 08:36:21 EDT 2010

On 24/03/10 11:57, Alexandr Gurbo wrote:

> I can't found commands to enable ipv6 multicast routing in VRF. In
> ipv4 networks it is - "ip multicast-routing vrf iptv". May be command
> to enable ipv6 multicast routing in VRF do not need?
>

> Please advice good datasheet for implementing dual stack multicast
> solution with vrf-aware.

I don't think IPv6 VRF multicast is available.

It's a shame.

I guess the main reason is that, for MPLS, an IP-IP tunnelling format
was specified (GRE-over-multicast between MPLS PEs). Presumably that
work has not been done for IPv6.

I guess there's no IPv6 VRF-lite either, because so few platforms
support ipv6 vrf-lite.