[c-nsp] two 72xx, bridging via POS link?

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 17:22:35 EDT 2010

  I have a pair of 7200s at two locations with a 155mbit radio link between
them. We're hooking up PA-POS across this and I am wondering how to best
bridge across the link.

   Yes, I have to bridge. I've looked at it every which way, we're replacing
a metro fiber transport for another provider so I've got untagged frames at
each location and I can dedicate a PA-FE for each. Trying to subnet would be
an absolute horrorshow.

    I see the POS will take frame relay encapsulation - one PVC for
bridging, one for a management link? Or is there a tidier means to do this?
The machine at the far end is dedicated to just this task, while the near
end is also routing quite a bit of traffic to other locations - it'll have
two 155 mbit POS, a DS3, three PA-FE, and these links are going to be lit as
it's a major hub in the network.

   Comments on appropriate technique for this from an IP/bridge standpoint
as well as tips on performance would be much appreciated.

--
mailto:Neal at layer3arts.com //
GoogleTalk: nrauhauser at gmail.com
GV: 202-642-1717