[c-nsp] ME3400 switches - internals?

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:25:38 EDT 2010

The ME3400 seems to have a less powerful data-plane than its 3750
cousin. The control-plane has some interesting Carrier Ethernet stuff
that ends up implemented as well in 3750 and 6500 (although it takes
years sometimes, as happens with REP that is still not available on
6500).

One recent comparison between ME3400,3560,3750 on one corner and
Juniper EX 4200 on the other came up with a big win to the Juniper EX
4200, so you might want to take a look at J-land to see if it suits
your needs.

Rubens