[c-nsp] 6 T1s in a 2851

Stephen Cobb scobb at telecoast.com
Thu May 13 13:52:04 EDT 2010

The VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards (unlike newer VWIC2) only takes one clock even though
its got 2 ports...if your'e getting your clocks from the line, I could see
this perhaps being an issue. I know that a lot of people use the older ones
for MLPPP and they've worked fine. Horror stories could arise from the large
amount of counterfeits on the market, too...

stephen

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:

> On 5/13/2010 10:09, Stephen Cobb wrote:
> > Or the VWIC-2MFT-T1 & VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI - those are a bit cheaper per
> > port, used, and can be used for data. VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 replaced them,
> > but the older revs should work fine for you.
> >

> I've heard horror stories with regards to timing between VWIC cards when
> multilink PPP is involved, but I don't have any firsthand experience.
>
> ~Seth

Stephen F. Cobb • Senior Sales Engineer
CCNA/CCDA/DCNID/ATSP
Telecoast Communications, LLC • Santa Barbara, CA
o 877.677.1182 x272 • c 760.807.0570 • f 805.618.1610
aim/yahoo telecoaststephen