[c-nsp] Leaking VRF routes

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Mon May 17 23:46:20 EDT 2010

Hello

I am doing VRF lite on a 7200 to place PPPoA/PPPoE users into a VRF. My end of the PPP link terminates to a loopback in the customer's VRF and assigning the far end of the PPP link a routable IP address but still inside the VRF. It's all working well.

What I want to accomplish it to make that far end routable IP reachable either from the global table or a separate IP range for traffic graphing and ping testing. This monitoring segment needs to be able to reach any customer VRF as well as being globally routable. I am assigning the far end routers unique routable IP's so there is no overlap.

We work around this on Ethernet and T1 customers by using a separate management VLAN or DLCI but we are limited to a single PVC on the DSL side.

Any advice?

Thanks
Dave